Creating a mechanically stabilised layer
If you’re using a mobile crane, piling rig or other heavy plant on a construction site—particularly where the ground is weak or unstable—having a safe working platform is vital.
Tensar’s TriAx geogrid stabilises granular working platforms by creating a ‘mechanically stabilised layer’.
A layer of aggregate (granular fill) is placed over a TriAx geogrid
This has the benefit of allowing cranes or piling rigs to carry much heavier static loads.
Benefits of using Tensar geogrids in working platforms :
- Financial savings that result from using less aggregate (typically up to 50% less in many cases)
- Projects can be completed in much less time
- Environmental benefits that come with using less carbon (i.e. in aggregate)
- Higher bearing capacity
- Better general access to construction sites
- Less deformation to working surfaces
- Can be deployed in all ground conditions